Agnes Robinson Waterloo Public Library
Library Assistant – Full Time Permanent Position – 40 hours per week
$16.00 per hour
High School Graduate and either one (1) year of college with course work in library science, OR one (1) year of library work experience, OR any equivalent combination of training and experience. If not already certified, must be willing to obtain a Nebraska Public Librarian Certification.
This is a summary only – more details are included in job description.
- Performs technical library tasks in acquisition, cataloging, and circulation
- Manages children’s services
- Provides customer service, including technical assistance and readers’ advisory
- Maintains all social media accounts and web page
- Designs bulletin boards and flyers
- Participates in continuing education opportunities
- Manages library operations in the absence of the Library Director
Monday & Tuesday: 9 a.m. – noon & 1 p.m. – 6 p.m.; Wednesday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Thursday: 9 a.m. – noon & 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.; and Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; and occasional after-hours programs and activities.
How to Apply
Ask the librarians for an application during open library hours at the circulation desk, OR email firstname.lastname@example.org for a digital copy, OR print off an application on the Village of Waterloo’s website at waterloone.com.
Return your completed application with cover and letter and resume to the library at 23704 Cedar Dr. Waterloo, NE 68069 or email it to Julie Jorgensen, Library Director, at email@example.com.
Open until filled.
The Village of Waterloo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.