The Agnes Robinson Waterloo Public Library provides resources, programs, and activities to meet the educational, leisure, cultural, and recreational needs of users. The internet is one source of information available through the library’s electronic services. It is the obligation of each individual to use internet privileges in a responsible manner.
Acceptable internet use includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Comply with copyright laws and licensing agreements.
- Refrain from illegal or unethical use of the internet.
- Abide by local, state and federal laws regarding transmission of electronic information.
- Respect the privacy of others, never stand behind someone on the computer or draw attention to what someone else has accessed.
- Do not alter hardware or software or interfere with another individual’s use of computers.
- Abide by time limits, if applicable, or if not specified, be mindful of others who may be waiting for an available computer.
- Comply with library rules to vacate computers 15 minutes prior to closing to allow ample time to power off all computers.
- Computer privileges may be revoked for unacceptable use and/or failure to act responsibly.
Approved and reviewed by the Library Board of Trustees on March 11, 2019.