In the interest of keeping our Waterloo community safe and healthy, the Agnes Robinson Waterloo Public Library will be closed until further notice.
However, we are working to provide as many services as safely possible so our patrons and neighbors can enjoy library materials while social distancing. Keep reading to learn how you can enjoy our library at a distance during this time.
Even though the library is closed, we are offering library members a way to put items on hold and pick them up in a socially distant manner. Curbside pickup for library materials will begin Thursday, March 19.
Service Hours: Curbside pickup will operate on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Discover what items the library has and see if they are available by browsing our catalog. Items highlighted in green are available; items highlighted in red are currently checked out. Materials that may be checked out include books, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and audiobooks. For health and safety reasons, puzzles, STREAM kits, and sensory toys are not allowed to be checked out.
- Place a hold on items by calling the library (402-779-4171), sending us an email (email@example.com), or by logging in on the catalog with your library number.
- We will notify you when your materials are ready to be picked up via phone or email.
- Call the library (402-779-4171) when you arrive to the library’s main entrance and we will bring your items out to you.
Items may be borrowed for two weeks, as per regular library policy. Please contact the library if you would like to renew your items. Up to ten (10) books and four (4) movies may be checked out at one time.
Downloadable eBooks & eAudiobooks
All Waterloo library members have access to free downloadable books and audiobooks via the Libby app on your smartphone, tablet, or Kindle.
- Install the Libby app from the app store on your Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad), or Windows 10 device. Or, visit libbyapp.com in your web browser.
- In the upper right hand corner of the app, click on Libby’s face. In the menu, you should see and click on Add A Library.
- Search for the “Agnes Robinson Waterloo Public Library” by Nebraska Overdrive Libraries.
- Enter your login information. Your username will be your library number, and your password will be the phone number you provided when signing up for your library membership. If you need assistance with your login information, please call us (402-779-4171) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Browse the library’s collection of downloadable books and audiobooks. You may place holds on materials, or borrow them if they are available.
- Borrowed titles appear under Shelf > Loans and download to the app automatically when connected to Wi-Fi, so you can read them when you’re offline.
- From your Loans, you can 1) Tap Read With… to choose whether you’d like to open a book in Kindle or Libby; 2) Tap Open Audiobook to start listening to that title; 3) Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
Daily Virtual Storytime
Each morning at 8:30 a.m., we will share a prominent author or celebrity reading a popular children’s book on the library’s Facebook page. Tune in to start your day with a great book!
Outdoor Book Drop
To return library materials, please use the book drop in the library’s parking lot. If you are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms, please refrain from returning your materials at this time. Materials that are returned will be disinfected immediately upon check-in. All due dates for currently checked out library materials have been extended to May 1, 2020.
Wi-Fi connection is available in the parking lot of the library. Feel free to sit in your car or outdoors to connect to our public Wi-Fi connection.
Thank you for cooperating with us during this time. The library is doing everything possible to support the Waterloo community while social distancing. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay informed of our most recent updates.