All DVDs are free to check out to anyone who is an active patron, whose account is in good standing, meaning no record of unpaid fines, overdue materials, or any other form of disciplinary action. In order to maintain a large selection of DVDs all borrowers must abide by the following policies:
- DVDs are loaned for a 7-day period and must be returned by the date stamped on the due date slip. They may be renewed one time, if there are no holds, by contacting staff at the library by phone or in person, or online through your library account.
- There is a limit of 4 DVDs per household.
- A current phone number where the patron can be contacted is required.
- Overdue fines will not be accessed on DVDs. Patrons are required to pay replacement cost for lost DVDs or those returned with damage to the disc or case.
- No further library items may be loaned to anyone having DVDs overdue at least 4 weeks or having unpaid charges to replace lost or damaged DVDs.
- The patron is responsible for DVDs and must pay for damage or loss. If the DVD is not returned in its proper case with the correct amount of discs, it is considered damaged. The charge for lost or damaged DVDs is the list price, or the DVD may be replaced upon approval of the Director.
- Patrons may not replace library purchased DVDs with a homemade copy. It is unlawful to copy a copyrighted DVD, and the Library cannot circulate “bootleg” copies.
- Those who continually have overdue materials and fines will be limited to the amount of materials they may borrow. This limit will be determined by the Director.
- It is the parents’ responsibility, not the library staff, to supervise their child’s use of all library materials, including DVDs.
- DVDs may not be used where admission is charged.
- Persons who fail to abide by the above policies may be subject to further action by the Waterloo Police Department and/or court action for collection of amounts due.
Approved by the Agnes Robinson Waterloo Public Library Board of Trustees on November 19, 2018.