hours minutes seconds
Summer Reading Kickoff
Explore, create, and learn this summer at the Agnes Robinson Waterloo Public Library! You’ll explore Tails & Tales™ as you read books, win cool prizes, and participate in exciting programs both virtually and about town. The program will kick off on June 18, 2021 and end on July 31, 2021 with our finale.
Programs are for library cardholders and are always FREE. Not a library member yet? No problem! Sign up is easy and free. Stop in the library or sign up for a library card online here.
How to Participate:
- Anytime after June 18, 2021, stop by the library to pick up your Guide Book full of activities, reading logs, and the registration page. (You must have a library card to participate. Sign up for a library card here).
- Fill out the registration page and return it to the library (by bringing it to the front desk, or dropping it off in the book return in the parking lot).
- Read! And fill out your reading log as you do so. Complete the additional activities in your Guide Book for extra reading bucks.
- Shop! Using your earned reading bucks, shop our Prize Store to pick out your reward for reading all summer long.
Exciting (Virtual) Events:
Mark your calendars for these paws-itively wonderful events that you can watch from the comfort of your own home. Each event will be aired on our Facebook page.
Jeff Quinn’s Reading Safari Magic Show
Friday, June 18 at 2 p.m. on Facebook
Magician and hypnotist Jeff Quinn has helped make our annual Summer Reading Program magical for several years! Based in Omaha, NE, Jeff entertains audiences with clean humor and pure fun. This year, Jeff’s magical routine will feature awesome facts about your favorite animals.
Wildlife Encounters’ Animal Tales
Friday, June 25 at 2 p.m. on Facebook
Take an incredible journey online with our friends at Wildlife Encounters! Wildlife Encounters of Nebraska is dedicated to educating the public about our natural world while offering a home for animals in need for over 30 years. Engaging students in wildlife conservation and environmental education fosters compassion for all animals and the responsible use of our natural resources, resulting in responsible citizens of our planet.
Unicorns: Break the Cage
Friday, July 2 at 2 p.m. on Facebook
Learn science alongside this animated adventure. Two curious kids discover what they think is a unicorn. But unicorns aren’t real … are they?! Sometimes you gotta believe it, to see it.
In-Person Events (Finally!!!):
StoryWalk™ on the Waterloo Trail
July 16 – 31 on the Waterloo Bike Trail
Kids will enjoy their own hiking adventure as they erad their way along the Waterloo Trail for the Waterloo Library’s Second Annual StoryWalk™.
Hop on the trail at the intersection of N 240th Street + Madison St. + 7th St. (the trailhead by El Bee’s and Viaduct Gardens).
Chalk Walk on the Waterloo Trail
Pick up your chalk at the library on Saturday, July 17 between 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and create a masterpiece as you enjoy our StoryWalk™ along the Waterloo Bike Trail.
Stuffed Animal Sleepover at the Library
Drop off: Tuesday, July 27 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Pick up: Wednesday, July 28 from 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Have you ever wondered what happens at the library when it’s closed? Your stuffed friend will get to find out at our sleepover! Bring them to the library, take home a Grab & Go craft kit, and we will send you updates about your stuffed friend is up to at the library.
RSVP by July 20. Call 402-779-4171 or stop by.
- Weekly virtual storytimes every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. on Facebook
- Take N’ Make craft bags every week!
- Bookopoly for teens and adults
- Scavenger hunt around town